Can you tell us about yourself?
Nancy: “I am a landscape painter and I live in the Glendale, Arizona in the USA.”
When did you start painting?
Nancy: “I was about 9 years old when i started oil painting lessons.”
What is your favourite medium to work with?
Nancy: “I work in oils because they allow me to manipulate them in a way that represents the subject matter beyond just the subject itself. The texture, thickness, brushstrokes, and surface quality create interest for the viewer.
What subjects do you enjoy painting most?
Nancy: “I paint landscapes to explore the quiet essence of being in nature.”
Where did you study art?
Nancy: “I studied art at Arizona State University and the Scottsdale Artists’ School. In 2012, I left my career in graphic design and marketing to pursue painting fulltime. Art is now my career.
Nancy: “I can throw a frisbee pretty well.”
Have you had an exhibition lately?
Nancy: “Yes, In my art career, I have secured 8 solo exhibitions, won multiple awards, and been juried into several high calibre group exhibitions, such as the Mountain Oyster Club and Women Artists of the West.
Have you had your work published?
Nancy: ”Yes, I was featured by Southwest Art Magazine as an Artist to Watch in the September 2019 issue.”
Have you won any art awards?
Nancy: “Yes, I have won awards.
– 2020 Purchase Award, Peoria Plein Air inaugural invitational
– 2020 Second Place, Fusion Art 5th Landscape Exhibition
– 2019 Honorable Mention, It’s Art for Land’s Sake! Exhibition, Desert Foothills Land Trust
– 2018 Award of Excellence-Southwest Art Magazine, Krystii Melaine juror of awards, WAOW 48th National Exhibition
– 2017 Honorable Mention, Sonoran Arts League Small Works Show, Cave Creek, AZ
– 2016 Honorable Mention, It’s Art for Land’s Sake! Exhibit, Desert Foothills Land Trust
– 2016 Winner, Summer plein air competition, Art Cocoon
– 2016 Award of Excellence-Plein Air magazine, Scottsdale Artists School Best & Brightest
– 2015 Third Place Strada Easel international competition, October
– 2015 April 2015 BoldBrush Painting Competition FAV15% for Resting Under the Aspens
– 2014 January 2014 BoldBrush Painting Competition FAV15%
– 2014 Glendale Arts Council 51st Annual Art Show, Glendale, AZ (purchase award)
– 2013 Glendale Arts Council 50th Annual Art Show, Glendale, AZ (purchase award)
– 2012 Third Place for “Among the Aspens” in the Give the Gift of Art exhibition, Scottsdale, AZ
Which artists inspire you?
Nancy: “Isaac Levitan, Ivan Shishkin and Edgar Payne.”